All our events are on premium weekends and selected weekdays. We offer single-day entries in all groups if being away all weekend doesn’t suit your schedule.
We offer the full spectrum of four HPDE levels, a Time Trial group, and wheel-to-wheel roadracing at almost every event – this is affectionately referred to as the “NASA Ladder of Speed.” Since driver admittance at each step is based on skill and experience, every group builds upon the prior one and leads directly to the next one. With no prior experience you start in HPDE1 driving your street car, get signed off by your instructor for HPDE2, graduate up the ladder through HPDE3 and HPDE4 with fewer restrictions, then either enter our Time Trial group, enter one of our Competition Licensing weekends and go racing (assuming you’ve got a racecar and safety gear), or perhaps even become a HPDE instructor yourself if that is your ultimate goal. Any step on our ladder provides tons of fun whether you want to climb any further or not. We have also graduated many racers into professional series over the years as a result of our comprehensive system.
We offer as much track time as possible for your dollar spent, not to mention your weekend spent away from home.Best of all you can enter two groups for a significant discount, as a “Supersize” entry, and get twice as much track time if that’s what you are after! We also put a lot of time and energy into making sure the track time we offer is high quality and that you get everything you’ve paid for whenever possible, so our “dollars per minute of seat time” ratio is among the best in the business as a result. For 2019, we have created a “Bring-a-Friend” discount program which offers you discounts for referring new members.
Putting on safe events is the cornerstone of our organization – almost all our rules and procedures are in place for safety reasons. At the track we staff all appropriate corner stations with specially trained flagging & communications workers and don’t cut corners on this or any other area of safety. We have dedicated, fully equipped safety / rescue trucks and ambulances and tow trucks on full-time standby should the need arise. These advantages can make the difference between life and death in a serious accident.
Most drivers don’t even consider this until they realize it’s an issue and they find out the event organizer is carrying the minimum amount required. NASA offers by far the most protection in the business. We have $1M in excess medical coverage. That means if you need to be airlifted to a hospital and the bill comes to $30k which is not covered by your own insurance you pay nothing as our insurance steps in. Most other groups only carry less than $50k in medical coverage so this is a vital benefit nearly unparalleled in the industry. We also cover you for third party liability insurance in case someone not participating in the event sues you for an accident such as a loose wheel injuring a spectator.
We have the most Nationally Certified, quality instructors that most other groups use as their standard. We offer mandatory instruction for HPDE1 drivers to help make the track environment more controlled, and all later graduating to higher HPDE levels is done via check rides or lead/follow sessions with instructors.t
We know your time is valuable so we do not waste it. This starts with your first message to our regional staff, which we try to respond to within minutes or hours – not days or weeks. Once your questions have been answered and you are ready to sign up, our clean and simple event registration system was built and is maintained entirely in-house just like our websites, which means if you have any problems the solution is just one quick email or call away anytime.
As an event gets closer, any questions you may have are probably answered on the web page about that event. Entry lists, tentative schedules, and confirmation/details emails are posted there for all to see.
Once at the track, go directly to Registration to sign in and get your wristband and tech sheet. After tech is the drivers meeting where the events of the day are discussed. Time Trialers and Racers check-in and get their wristbands from group leaders after the drivers meeting. Competition vehicles/racers can even skip tech inspections once their annual inspection is completed at events thanks to our streamlined process. This all means shorter lines and less wasted time on the usually quite busy first morning of an event. Again this is to make it so you have more time for fun – and relaxation in between!
In addition to trophies and other prizes, our competition groups have great contingency programs thanks to supporting partners like Toyo Tires, Hoosier Racing Tire, Hawk Performance Brakes, BFGoodrich Tires, Ford Racing, Nissan Motorsports, Honda Racing, MazdaSpeed, Yokohama Tires, and more. This means that yes, absolutely, in Time Trial and racing you can win free tires and brakes which definitely lowers your running costs each season. Please click here for contingency program details.
All Drivers are Responsible for Their Own Vehicle Tech
- Racecars (i.e. caged and compliant with CCR racecar rules) can get an Annual Racecar Logbook and Annual Tech and do not require per Event Tech.
- Dedicated TT Cars (not driven on the street) can get an Annual TT Tech done and are note required to do a per Event Tech.
- Street Cars / Daily Drivers MUST DO HPDE PER EVENT TECH.
- An Annual Logbook will be required if you plan on attending the National Championships.
- Tech Questions?: If you have any questions about your TT car please contact Joe Grande (Chief of HPDE Tech) at (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions about Tech for a fully prepared racecar then please contact David Deerson (Chief of Race Tech) at (email@example.com). Tech will usually be open at least an hour before the first on track session. Please refer to the event schedule for actual times.
– Car Numbers: All competition drivers (whether TT or racing) are required to have a unique number. Please check with the current Northeast Race and TT Number Registration list and confirm the number you want is still available. If the number is still available then please request it by filling out the Car Number Request Form. Please note that if you do not do at least one NASA NE event in a year your number will be forfeit unless you contact Timing & Scoring requesting to save the number (i.e. if taking time off or building a new car).